This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
Seaquatix recognises its responsibility to help protect our environment and pledges that it will as far as is safe, practical and economically sound, conduct its business activities in such a manner as to minimize any adverse environmental impact.
Seaquatix respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
Seaquatix commits to the following principles and practices:
- Continual improvement of our environmental management system.
- Complying with relevant Australian Commonwealth, State and Local environmental policy, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy.
- Maximising the recycling of resources.
- Disposing of waste appropriately, including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
- Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors and other stakeholders, as well as making this policy available to the general publiic.
- Promote environmental awareness.
Seaquatix acknowledges that while our products are made from plastic, our goal is for our customers to re-use our product time and time again and not form part of the plastic waste problem.
In addition, for every 1,000 units sold, we will donate $1,000 to the Australian Marine Conservation Society.
If you wish to donate, you may donate here.